- 1 (21 oz) box of brownie mix (and it's ingredients: 2 eggs, water, and oil)
- 2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 5 graham crackers, broken into quarters
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Bake brownies as directed in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Remove brownies when baked. Immediately sprinkle on the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Return pan to the oven for two minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately press cracker pieces onto the top of the marshmallows and chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Cutting these things was a pain because of the marshmallows---but the effort was well worth it. These brownies are delicious! Perfect for a potluck or holiday party.
But come on---who needs an excuse to eat dessert?
For my D-friends: It's so easy to figure out carbs with desserts like these. Use the box's nutrition label as your guide but also factor in any additions or toppings. I usually tally up total carbs, cut the dessert, and then divide the total carbs by the number of servings. (Although I think it's a total joke that a pan of brownies is 16 servings. Yeah, right. Eye roll).
I tend to freeze everything since there are only three of us in our house (and one doesn't have teeth yet--haha). I take a post-it and label it with the name of the food and how many carbs are in each serving (and if it's something like mashed potatoes, the size of the serving). This makes it easier to figure out what is in each container.
Additionally, I have tried to make homemade brownies. They have yet to taste as good as boxed. But if you find a great recipe, let me know! I'd love to hear from you.